Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To enter...or not to enter...

So, there is an annual student competitive at UALR. Each student can submit 4 pieces to be judged for entry. I've actually had a photo exhibited in one of the shows a couple of years ago... Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and try to get something together to submit or not.

I don't feel as capable in drawing or painting as I did in photography, so I'm not sure that I'm up to the challenge this time. Plus, the deadline for entry is 3/19, I think... That would give me about 5 class periods with a model to actually work on something interesting, considering composition, etc, etc... Before now, I was just concerned with making the drawing look like a human, without much thought to what I drew or where I put it on the paper...

UGH. Decisions, decisions....

2 comments:

  1. enter...even if they don't accept it, you might get valuable critique from some new people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But would it be worth the humiliation?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete